You've Been Cut Off!

Have you ever heard someone say they "deserve" something? For instance, "I deserve to be happy" or "I deserve something better than this". What makes a person deserve anything? I know some people are nice than others or live their life according to higher moral standards than others. Does this entitle them to something more than those who don't? We all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, though.

I don't know what I think. I think that some people deserve horrible things, for the horrible things that they do or have done. I think that it might just be more simple though. I think people should be matched up with other people that have similar values and lifestyles as them. I don't like it when people say they deserve something though. You may "want" something in life, but I don't think people are entitled to certain things. Although, I do think people should be treated fairly. I don't really know how to get across what I am thinking.

When people say they deserve to be happy, what makes them think so? I think that they should perhaps stop a moment, and think about that statement. How do they know what will make them happy? I've heard a statistic before that people always think that they will finally be happy when they make just a little more money than they do at the moment. However, when they get to that point, the bar goes up once again. I think that life should be more about learning to be content whatever the circumstance. Obviously, I don't mean staying in abusive situations or anything like that. I mostly mean doing the best with what you have been given and what you have worked for. I don't think anyone DESERVES to be rich or have nice things. I think we should work for what we need and want.

I guess this came up because I watched a few minutes of a show called "You've been cut off". These girls are taken out of their "princess" lifestyle, and put into a house together. They then have to work for what they want, to a point. They have to do chores to earn an allowance to buy groceries. They are put to a test, but they don't know it at the time. They are taken to a country club, poolside. They go crazy, eating the shrimp and drinking mimosas and champagne. They forget that they don't have any money though. It was crazy. In approximately 30 minutes, they rack up thousands of dollars in food and drinks. They are surprised when they learn they have to work that off because someone else isn't just going to pay it for them. The shocking thing to me though, was that when they got to the country club, they all started talking about how this is what they were made for. They all had a sense of entitlement. It wasn't something they worked for, it was just something they felt they deserved! I am thankful that I wasn't brought up that way. I do feel that I have learned to be content whatever the circumstance. I know that things could always be worse. I have learned that there are more important things in life than material things. Of course there are things that I want or would like to have. However, I know there are things that are more important to me, like being at home with my son.

2 comments:

  1. :) Love this! ;) I know what you mean, and it doesn't ever say anywhere that we are supposed to be happy in life. BUT if you put your life in Christ's hands and follow Him with your whole heart, you find JOY, and that is sooo much more than just happy... ;)
    Love your heart for Him...
    xoxoOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I deserve a Mirmosa.. lol just saying.. I'm kidding. Nice blog..

    ReplyDelete