Lately I have been feeling so overwhelmed by my love for my son, and realizing his love for me. Today, he bathed my face in kisses. He grabs my ears and slobbers all over my cheeks, lips, and chin. It is truly the best gift in the whole entire world. I look at him at night, as I am nursing him to sleep, and wish that my body didn't require sleep. I would lay there all night and stare at my precious gift, as he holds my neck and sleeps. I didn't know how much a person truly can love, until I held him in my arms for the first time. I stare at him and think that there is no possible way there has ever been a more loved child in the history of the world.

I feel like my infant is slipping away at the speed of light. I feel like I am trying to hold onto something that can't be contained. He is already crawling all over the place, and pulling himself up on tables, sofas, anything. I am completely in love with him, and fall more in love each day. I know that each age seems like the perfect age, but I just wish he could stay tiny a little longer so I could hold him a little longer. My heart will break the day he says, "Down Mama".

I held him as he fell asleep tonight, and questioned how a person can bring a child into this world and not love it? How can they hold their baby and not say, "I love you" or "You're SOOOO Cute!"? This little tiny human is helpless and so completely dependant on you for every single one of their needs. They can't even hold a bottle! How can you do those things for this baby, and not fall in love? I think about people that lock their child in a closet. How did they come to that point? Did they always feel that little for their child? If so, how did the child survive infancy? If you feel that way, why not give the baby to someone who can love it? I know these are sad thoughts, but it is just on my mind.

Don't be so quick to put him down
For soon he'll ask to be set down
Don't take these moments for granted
Seal them in your heart
Listen to his kisses
He's whispering,"I love you Mama".

No comments:

Post a Comment