The Bible says that we as a whole are similar to a human body. Some of us are heads, some hands, some feet, etc. We can't all be heads because we wouldn't be able to walk. You get the idea...How do you figure out what you were created to do? I have known for a long time that I was created to be a wife and mom. Those two things were the sole desires of my heart. I may have gotten a little ahead of myself, but God still blessed me with half of that desire so far. I know the other half will happen in time.

I am so thankful for my little boy though. Holding on to him is like trying to tame a whirlwind. I want so bad for him to remain a baby for just a little longer, but he gets bigger and smarter every day. He learned how to crawl up the stairs, to my chagrin. Now that he knows he can though, I am CONSTANTLY telling him "no, get down" and pulling him off the stairs.

Sometimes I feel panicked because I can't stop time, and I know Elliot will never be this little again. I am so thankful that I have been able to stay home with him this long. It has been an incredible miracle, and not of my own doing. I know that I have to give God all the glory for this one. When I quit my job last January, I had saved just enough money to be able to stay home until he was about 3 months old. He is now EIGHT months old, and I think I have enough money to stay home for about two more months! I know that this IS a miracle. I have had more cake orders in a couple of months than I had the whole last year in Anchorage. My brother surprised me with new tires for my car. That was an amazing blessing. I knew I needed new tires, but was going to wait until I went back to work. He insisted though, and wouldn't let me say no.

Anyway, I got a little off track, but it doesn't really matter, right? This is my blog and I can talk about whatever I want. Just a cathartic way to get thoughts out anyway. I still feel a little dorky about this whole blog thing though...I've been thinking about what I want the blog to be about, but I think I might just let it go wherever it goes.

1 comment:

  1. That is SUCH a blessing that you have been able to stay home with Elliott this long!!! Those early years are so huge, and that bonding you are getting right now is priceless... so happy for you, my Claire Bear! <3

    ReplyDelete