"I'm a beautiful butterfly" -caterpiller from bugs life

Anaïs Nin: "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."
"How does one become a butterfly" she asked pensively. "You must want to fly so much you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."
 I think that these two quotes go along with my new years resolution of caring less about what other people think. There have been so many things that I have wanted to do in life but I didn't even want to voice to anyone because I was afraid of what they would think. One of my biggest fears in life is that someone will think what I want is stupid. Or maybe I have just always thought that the things I want in life are stupid. Do people think it is stupid that the greatest thing I want to accomplish in life is to be a wonderful wife and mother? That one might be the first thing that I choose not to care what other people think. Being a good mom might just be one of the hardest jobs out there. I haven't even gotten to the hardest part yet, I think...

Of course, there are other things that I want to accomplish, like getting completely out of debt, and not getting into debt again! Or, owning my own cake shop someday. Being a wife and a mom are just the two that are the most important to me. Don't get me wrong though, I don't judge anyone else if they have different goals in life than mine.

Yeah...I'm posting a lot on this blog right now...but I have a lot of things on my mind, and am enjoying this blogging thing.

1 comment:

  1. Since I have known you, you have always passionately wanted to be married and to be a mother :) What I think is beautiful is that you still hold that dream dear to your heart, and you are getting there. I don't think there is anything crazy about it. God does give us all different passions and giftings in life, and when we are able to see what they are and hold tight to them to see them through... wow, that is HUGE. And, I love that you want to get out of debt and own a cake shop someday... what would this life be without our dreams?! Goals, aspiration, and vision take us to new places. Love ya, girlie! And, thanks for sharing ;) PS Nice quote!

    ReplyDelete