You can lead a horse to water...

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. You can potty train a child, but you can't make him use the toilet! What is the deal with kids and potty training? Before Ethan was born, Elliot was almost potty trained. Then after Ethan was born, he absolutely refused to go near the toilet.

Right before we moved to Tennessee, I asked him if he was going to use the potty in Tennessee. He looked at me like I was an idiot, and said, "of course!" So, we got to Tennessee, and as promised, he went potty on the potty chair a few times. Yesterday, he went 5 times. I went to bed excited and hopeful that we would soon be a household with only one child in diapers again. Fast forward to this morning, and he is flat out refusing again!

Is it a control thing? Does he just want me to know that I may be the mom, but I am not always the boss? Is this the one thing that he has complete control over? Is it a jealousy thing? Does he just want to be the baby like Ethan?

I have tried and exhausted every incentive. I have bribed him with candy, money, stickers, toys...I have even tried simply telling him that this is what he has to do. He is a big boy and diapers are expensive. He doesn't care! I even made him a chart, for the OCD in him. Somebody, please help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment