There's No Place Like Home

My lifelong dream, other than to become a wife and mother, was to get out of Alaska. I have always hated the extreme cold and snow. I only stayed as long as I did because I loved my family so much. Everyone always says they live in Alaska for "the awesome summers." However, I don't think we have had an "awesome summer" in years! We get what, 10 sunny days a year?!? Not worth it!

Well, my family and I finally got out. My two sons and I are now in Spring City, TN! My husband will be down here in May. It's beautiful, it's warm, it's sunny...What else could a girl ask for?

Maybe when I was saying my prayers, I should have asked God to kill all the bugs! These bug are unlike anything I've ever seen. I'm not kidding you. I hear the bees bouncing off the tin roof of the carport, and it sounds like a baseball hitting a bat! These are Godzilla bees. The "waspers" look like something out of a horror movie. Don't forget about the bugs left unseen so far...ticks, spiders, snakes. I can literally FEEL my blood pressure rising every time I take my boys outside to play. I am terrified of what threats lurk behind each blade of grass. My mom begged me to pull Elliot's jeans out of his socks. LOL. The neighbors probably think I am insane. I'm constantly running around and screaming at the bees. I was praying for thunder and rain today, just so I had an excuse for why we couldn't play outside.  

The locals say that I will eventually acclimate and get use to the bugs...Really? I sure hope so! I really don't want to pass on my neurotic behavior to my sons. How do you get use to bugs boring into your skin though? As Elliot would say, "Go away bugs! Nobody wants you here!"

Do you think my husband will buy me enough basil to soak in water and spray our one acre of land? To keep the ticks away? Lord, seriously...help me. I'm not quite to the point of clicking my heels together three times, though. I don't miss the iceland that much!

No comments:

Post a Comment