15 Minutes of Fame

I know it is a cliche saying, but seriously...what has this world come to?!?! When people get so desperate for fame and/or money that the first idea that comes to them is to make a sex tape and "accidentally" leak it to the public, something is seriously wrong. A person shouldn't be that desperate for fame or fortune. Does anyone have any shame anymore?

For those of you who aren't dorks and don't follow Teen Mom, Farrah Abraham just pulled the sex tape stunt. She stepped it up a notch though, (or maybe down a notch) and actually hired a professional to do the tape with her. I don't understand how someone could do this, especially when they have a four year old daughter that will eventually grow up and know about it. It isn't like she even needs the money! She has a pasta sauce out, a book, money from filming teen mom, modeling, and supposedly a restaurant too! Apparently she hadn't been in the headlines enough, though.

When I was in high school, I remember writing an essay about how there aren't any moral standards left. We go to a store, and the dirty magazines are front and center. We have more of an inclination to hide our morals in the brown paper wrapper than we do those magazines! It's no big deal anymore for someone to be caught in an affair, or other scandal. We can pretty much expect any Hollywood marriage to fail...even regular marriages. On Days of Our Lives, yes I said Days of Our Lives, there is a character who is ashamed and embarrassed that she is 20 something and still a virgin. How sad.

If you try and shelter your children from this world, people think you are making your kids "weird." I don't want my children to grow up just waiting for another school shooting, or bombing. I want them to grow up jumping in mud puddles, catching bugs (as long as they aren't the kind that terrify me), riding their bicycles down dirt roads, and playing baseball. Maybe I should have had kids 30 years ago...

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy your blogs Claire!I love you, Aunt Nan

    ReplyDelete